The Bare Naked Truth

Picture Prompt Challenge

 

By JudyL

July 12, 2012

 

A VinF&D list challenge

You now have three days to write a story based on / inspired by this picture.  

100 - 500 word limit.

 

 Words: 482

 

********

 

 Buck and Vin stared at the sight across the street. They shared a brief look, grinned at each other then went back to watching the event unfolding before them with straight faces.

 

Ezra backed down the street, away from the other four men, shaking his head in denial, his pleas of innocence falling on deaf ears.

 

Well, perhaps they weren’t deaf ears, Vin thought to himself, just full of water. He stifled a grin.

 

Chris led the pack, his spurs jingling with each step. Josiah looked as if fire were about to come out of his eyes and smote the culprit. Nathan kept reaching over his shoulder and coming up empty, his knife rig nowhere to be seen. JD was bright red, but just as determined as the others to catch the gambler who for some reason was still stammering his innocence… as he tried not to laugh.

 

Buck was surprised to learn a man could blush so brightly over so much of his body, for JD was not only red in his face, but all the way down his chest and stomach, right to the top of the towel around his middle. Heck, even his legs below the towel were red. Buck chuckled.

 

“Hey Cowboy,” Vin called out, the tone in his voice causing Chris to pause in his mission to kill, or at least maim, a certain Southern ‘gentleman.’

 

Chris stopped his pursuit and turned to glare at the tracker. “What?” he spat.

 

Vin raised an eyebrow, but continued to tempt fate. “You sure look good in white,” he finished with a cheek-splitting grin.

 

Chris’ jaw dropped for a moment before he clenched his teeth together and aimed his most deadly glare Tanner’s way. “You better hope you’re in the next territory before I find a gun, Tanner.” He looked over at Wilmington, whose grin was just as wide as Tanner’s. “I’m gonna shoot both of you!”

 

Vin and Buck shared another grin then took off running in opposite directions.

 

“Get ‘em, boys!” Josiah shouted, taking a firm hold of the towel around his waist before he pelted after Buck. JD was right behind him, a flash of leg peeking out with each stride.

 

“Tanner’s ours!” Chris declared. Nathan nodded and after making sure his own towel was secure, ran in the direction Vin had headed.

 

Laughter caused Chris to pause again. He turned to see Ezra doubled over with mirth.

 

“You think this is funny, Standish? I better not find out you’re in on this, too.”

 

Ezra just shook his head, unable to catch his breath between his chuckles, and barely capable of pointing at the boardwalk.

 

Larabee’s gaze slowly followed that well-manicured hand only to find a sea of skirts lined up along the boardwalk.

 

Chris sighed, settled his hat on his head and stalked off after Nathan, with a firm grip on his towel and his dignity.

 

The ‘end’

 

 

Hope you liked it. Let me know. JudyL

 

Back to index

 

webhosting
webhosting