Campfire Blues

By JudyL

July 11, 2004

Okay here's a Drabble that also meets the SA July themefic, I think, well there's a little angst.

Dawn's July request:

>OPTION 1: Jim and Blair are in the woods and something unusual happens to Blair that involves angst or hurt/comfort. They are far from help. When I say unusual, I mean try to be creative :-) They've run into a million bad guys in the woods and fallen off a million cliffs in the fanfic world LOL (Not that there's anything wrong with those stories... hey I wrote one or two of them myself!)

Something unusual to happen in the woods. Well, 100 words is pretty darn unusual I'd say! <G> Hope this fits.

Warnings: Well, it is only 100 words...

No need to archive, not exclusive.

Feedback: Yes, please.

Disclaimers: This is not my fault, blame my muse. Send all complaints in triplicate to "The Muse." Any forms that are not filled out correctly will be returned. I take no responsibility for damages. Again, this is not my… ah, hell.

**************************************************************

"Sandburg, you're too close," Jim demanded staring at his partner from across the campfire.

"It's cooooold, Jim," Blair replied edging even closer to the flames.

~~~~

Blair woke with a gasp as cold water splashed over his head. "What the hell?!" he screamed bolting upright.

"You were on fire, Chief," Jim gasped.

"What? Where?" he asked extending his arms to search for damage.

Jim scrunched up his face, reluctant to break the bad news.

"Where, Jim?" Blair demanded standing up.

Ellison grimaced and reached for Blair's head. Sandburg's hands flew to his head.

"Oh, not the hair, man!" Blair moaned.

******************

End of drabble…

Oh, come on, it'll grow back…. Geez!

Back