Not Again
by JudyL

 

March 8, 2005

 

Just a bit of smarm to brighten your day. <G>

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Jim raced into the captain’s office waving a piece of paper. “Simon, they’ve kidnapped…”

Simon Banks closed his eyes and held up his hand already knowing the rest of what Jim was going to say. Does he have a target painted on him or what? He
shook his head as he stood and headed for the door. Ellison followed him out into the bullpen.

“All right people, red alert,” Banks bellowed. “Sandburg’s been kidnapped. Again.”

Confused faces looked up at the captain then at each other.

Simon continued. “You know the routine. Check with your snitches, run down the cases Ellison and Sandburg have been working on. And Connor, you stick with Ellison. Don’t let him do anything stupid.”

“But Captain,” the inspector started.

“No arguments, Connor. I can’t take it today,” Banks countered as he continued to list off the things they needed to do. Finally he finished and looked around
at the still confused faces around him. “Any questions?”

“Um, yeah,” a familiar voice asked from behind him.

“What?” Simon asked as he turned around.

“What should I do?” Blair asked with a huge grin.

“Sandburg?” Banks splurted. He spun to look at Jim. “Then who the hell was kidnapped? You came into my office looking like someone had just taken away your
best friend.” Jim opened his mouth to speak, but Simon just kept on going. “And Sandburg is your best friend, right?!”

Ellison nodded and just handed the note to Simon.

Banks snatched the paper away and read it quickly. He looked up at Jim then back at the note. “The Donut Girl? Someone kidnapped the Donut Girl?!”


The end<G>

 

 

Feedback? Thanks. Judy

 

Back